Cajun Chicken & Sausage Fettuccine
Looking for a quick and easy weeknight supper? Well look no further. Chicken and sausage Fettuccine is rich and creamy and oh so yummy. Perfect for a fast supper on school / work nights!
Everyone down here has their own version. Some people use Velveeta, I prefer sharp cheddar. But you can change out the cheese as you like.
Here we go! You'll need:
- 1 1/2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 pound of smoked sausage, sliced into rounds
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil, or cooking oil
- 1 cup of chopped onions
- 1/2 cup of chopped bell pepper
- 2 to 3 cloves of minced garlic
- Small handful of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of Cajun seasoning (You know I recommend Slap ya Mama)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 8oz block of cream cheese, cubed
- 1 8oz block of sharp cheddar, shredded
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1 pound of cooked linguine noodles
- Green onion tops for garnish
First, wash and dry your chicken. Then cut it into small bite size pieces. Then add 2 teaspoons of oil to the bottom of your pot.
Heat the oil over medium heat, then add your chicken, once the pan is hot.
Cook the chicken, until it is browned well.
Next add in your sliced sausage.
Brown your sausage, with the chicken then add in your onions, bell pepper, garlic and parsley.
Let your veggies cook until clear, should take about 5 minutes, then add in the half cup of water. Be sure to scrape everything from the bottom of the pot. Baw that's some extra flavor right there. Let it cook about 5 more minutes. Once they're cooked, add in your Cajun seasoning, and cook about 4 or 5 minutes more.
Turn off the heat, and add in your cubed cream cheese. Stir until it's all melted and mixed through.
Next add in your shredded cheddar cheese, and mix again.
Add in your milk, and mix some more.
Next add your cooked noodles to the pot, and mix well. Serve garnished with fresh green onion tops.
Ça c'est bon!